(Version 1 - January 2018)
The eligibility criteria for membership of the Federation of Window Cleaner (“FWC”), are set out in its Rule Book and members are required to adhere to this Code of Practice and; Safety Accreditation Scheme (“SAM”) of which they may also be a member. By adhering to this Code of Practice, members demonstrate their high standards in the conduct of their business and their continuing eligibility for membership of FWC. Failure to observe the Code of Practice and associated rules may cause the member to have their membership terminated.
Members of the FWC accept this Code of Practice and agree:
- To observe this Code of Practice and to comply with the terms of (SAM) Safety Accreditation Scheme as applicable and to comply with any changes to this Code of Practice as notified to them from time to time.
- To conduct business dealings in an open, honest, fair and proper manner and in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations of the UK ROI & EU.
- Not knowingly, recklessly or negligently to be party to any improper business practices of any customer or supplier.
- To ensure all public statements made by and on behalf of the Member are decent, honest and truthful and in the spirit of the Association.
- To ensure no false or exaggerated claims are made verbally, in literature, electronically or in any other way
- To apply the highest ethical standards and never knowingly operate business or communicate in such a way as to bring the Window Cleaning Industry or the FWC into disrepute
- To comply with all current health and safety legislation and regulations and maintain appropriate operating licenses applicable to a members business activity at all times.
- To hold and provide evidence on request for service claims, particularly with reference to legislation, certifications and accreditations.
- To ensure that customers are kept advised of the effect of changes in legislation likely to lead to different in-use handling or Health and Safety implications
- To provide proper training for sales and support staff to enable them to give professional advice on window cleaning & related services.
- To refrain from making inaccurate, misleading or malicious statements, whether deliberate or not, concerning a Competitor, or service.
- Not to discuss at any FWC event, or any other time, any item that might be construed as a breach of UK ROI EU competition law nor to collude with other member or members in a way that breaches, or may breach UK ROI EU competition regulations.
- To investigate in a reasonable timeframe any complaint raised by a customer and if the complaint is justified to take all necessary action required to rectify the situation with the minimum of delay.
- In the event of a dispute with FWC about the relevant Standards, Regulations or this Code of Practice, to accept the decision of the Committee, or failing resolution by the Committee to accept the decision of an independent arbiter, currently the British Cleaning Council.
- To maintain adequate insurance cover for Product, Public and where applicable employers liability.
- To pay all membership fees (including those applicable to any accreditation scheme to which the member is a party) as and when requested by the FWC.
- That the FWC may publicise details of the expulsion of any member of FWC, should that occur.